To facilitate the development, promotion and management of the mineral resources in a sustainable way in order to foster the economic growth of the country.
Sustainable development and management of mineral resources for national prosperity.
Director General of Mineral Development
Name: Dr. Cosmas Pitia Kujjo
- PhD University of Kentucky- 2013, USA.
- MSc Bowling Green State University-2007, USA.
- MSc University of Khartoum- 2001, Sudan.
- BSc Cairo University- 1985, Egypt.
- Director General of Petroleum, Ministry of Petroleum and Mining.
- Director General of Geological Survey, Ministry of Petroleum and Mining.
- Teaching and Research professional at various higher education institutions in USA, South Sudan, and Sudan.
- Exploration geo-physicist at the Geological Research Authority of Sudan (GRAS).
- Satellite remote sensing geo-spatial analyst.
- Geo-dynamic and geo-hazard specialist.
- Geo-scientific management experience.
FUNCTIONS OF THE DIRECTORATE
- Establishment of a cadastral system for mineral development
- Control of illegal mining in the Republic of South Sudan
- Dissemination of the Mining Act and Regulations
- Supervision and monitoring of all the mining operations
DEPARTMENTS OF THE DIRECTORATE
• Mining Cadastre Office.
• Mine Inspectorate.
• Mineral Exploration.
• Mineral Title Coordination.
• Mine economic, contracts and promotion.