To facilitate the development, promotion and management of the mineral resources in a sustainable way in order to foster the economic growth of the country.
Sustainable development and management of mineral resources for national prosperity.
Acting Director General of Technical Services
Name: Bethsmith Aliga William
- Graduate of Geology and Mining University of Juba.
- Attended Geographic Information Systems Course in Wits University South Africa.
- Attended Advanced Geographic Information Systems and Remote Sensing Course James Cook University Australia.
- Attended Application of GIS and Remote Sensing in Mineral Exploration course in Korean Institute of Geosciences And Mineral Resources (KIGAM) South Korea.
- Attended a Mineral Exploration Course in Jilin University, Jilin Province of China.
- Government Representative in the Steering Committee of the International Conference of the Great Lakes Region (ICGLR) in the fight against the exploitation of Natural Resources.
- Focal Point of the Ministry of Mining in the Intergovernmental forum
- Worked as the Director of Mineral Exploration in the Directorate of Mineral Development.
- Budget and Planning officer of the Directorate of Mineral development
- Participated in Mineral Exploration Project of the Upper Luri area of CMERIC (Equator Gold Company LTD) Concession.
- Project Manager for Hydro geological and Geophysical operations of the International Aid Services in the Western Nuba Mountains, Sudan.
- Hydro-geologist for International Aid Services for Northern Uganda, Greater Yei and Greater Western Equatoria regions.
FUNCTIONS OF THE DIRECTORATE
- Establishment and operationalization of laboratory and library.
- Development of geoscientific maps and reports.
- Developing a database and IT center.
- Provision of land survey services.
- Provision of Remote Sensing and GIS services.
- Provision of drilling services.
DEPARTMENTS OF THE DIRECTORATE
• Remote Sensing and Geographical Information System.
• Land Survey.
• Data Base and Information Technology.