To facilitate the development, promotion and management of the mineral resources in a sustainable way in order to foster the economic growth of the country.
Sustainable development and management of mineral resources for national prosperity.
Acting Director General of Planning, Training and Research
Name: James Yousif Kundu
- Certificate in Advance Mineral Exploration, Geological Survey of India-2009.
- Diploma in Petroleum Policies, Resources Management, PETRAD, Stavanger in Norway-2007.
- BSc in Geology-University of Juba, Sudan-1994.
- Director of Geological Survey, Ministry of Petroleum and Mining (Ministry of Mining).
- Acting Director General of Administration and Finance-Ministry of Petroleum and Mining.
- Acting Director General of Mineral Development-Ministry of Petroleum and Mining.
- Acting Director General of Geological Survey-Ministry of Petroleum and Mining.
- Acting Director General of Energy- Ministry of Energy, Mining and Industry.
- Project planning and budgeting.
- Mineral exploration.
FUNCTIONS OF THE DIRECTORATE
- Enhancing the Capacity of ministry staff.
- Promotion of Research culture within MM.
- Solicit funding for research projects
- Coordinate the planning between MM and donor agencies
- coordinate Training activities among directorates and partners
- To establish Monitoring and Evaluation system
- establishment of a runing statistcal, moniotring and evlusion system in the ministry
DEPARTMENTS OF THE DIRECTORATE
• Project Monitoring and Evaluation