To facilitate the development, promotion and management of the mineral resources in a sustainable way in order to foster the economic growth of the country.
Sustainable development and management of mineral resources for national prosperity
Director General of Geological Survey
Name: Thongjang Awak Thongjang
- MSc in Apply Development Studies- Reading University, UK-2001.
- Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation- Danish Institute, Arusha-1999.
- BSc in Geology-Zagazik University, Egypt-1982
- Vice President of Dar Petroleum Company (DPOC).
- Director General of Mineral Development- Ministry of Petroleum and Mining.
- Director General of Planning, Training and Research-Ministry of Petroleum and Mining.
- Head of Department of Hydro-geology, Well Design and Water Quality Testing- UNICEF Water Project in Wau.
- Geologist at Geological Research Authority Sudan (GRAS).
FUNCTIONS OF THE DIRECTORATE
- Conducting regional and detail geological mapping.
- Conducting regional geo-chemical survey of South Sudan.
- Carrying out an airborne geophysical survey.
- Establishment and operationalization of geological laboratory and library
- Provision of geo-technical services.
DEPARTMENTS OF THE DIRECTORATE
• Geological Mapping.
• Geophysical Survey.
• Geochemical Survey.
• Engineering Geology and Geotechnics.
• Sesimology and Geohazards.